As a new staff member, you will be issued an UvA-net ID and password by your designated P&O adviser. Your UvA-net ID provides access to ICT facilities including:
• the UvA network;
• UvA-mail (webmail);
• the UvA workstation;
• Digital Library;
• UvA VPN;
• Self-Service Tool, which can be used to e.g. apply for leave;
• Terms of Employment Menu;
Staff who are not directly employed by UvA, such as temporary, seconded and external staff, are eligible for a UvAnetID. However, they are not allowed to use things such as SURFspot.nl, the Self-Service tool and the Terms of Employment Menu.
Your UvAnetID is personal, unique and non-transferable. UvA will never ask for your password; as such, you should never reveal your UvAnetID password to others. Furthermore, your UvAnetID password must be changed once per year. Your UvAnetID will cease to be valid three months after you leave UvA.
Applying for your UvAnetID
- UvA employees will automatically receive a UvAnetID once they have been recorded in the personnel administration;
- Employees of several institutes affiliated with UvA are eligible for a special UvAnetID. Your faculty or ICT service desk’s contact person can apply for this special UvAnetID on your behalf;
- Retired employees can apply for a special UvAnetID through the Administration Centre’s digital service desk.
- You may need a dual ID account (i.e., an account granting access to both UvA and AUAS facilities) in order to use the two universities’ shared services (AC, FS, ICTS and the Library). Contact your supervisor if you need an AUAS ID.
Managing your UvAnetID
On id.medewerker.uva.nl, you can inspect your personal details, edit your password and set up an email alias (i.e., a forwarding email address). You must activate your UvAnetID before being able to use it. To this end, an email containing an activation code will be sent to the private email address you have provided.
Forgot your password?
If you have forgotten your password, you can request a new password at id.medewerker.uva.nl. Go to the website, click the ‘Forgot your password?’ link and answer the security questions. Once you have provided the correct answers to these questions, you will receive a text message containing the information you need to log in to your account and change your password.
The above only works if you have previously entered a mobile phone number and answers to your security questions. If you have not done so, you can apply for a new activation code for your UvAnetID by completing this form.
Several UvA systems use a two-step verification procedure. We call this two-step verification. In addition to entering your UvAnetID and password, you will have to use another authentication method, also known as a ‘token’.
ICT Code of Conduct
All UvAnetID users must observe the ICT Code of Conduct.
Contact Servicedesk ICT Services (ICTS)
P: 020 525 1402