Installing Templafy on a UvA-supported workstation
From Wednesday afternoon 12 February, you can install Templafy on your ICT-supported workstation by following just a few simple steps.
- Install Templafy on your UvA computer through the Software Center.
- After installation, you must perform the setup. Click 'Access Templafy' and enter your UvAnetID to log in. Once you've completed the setup, Templafy will retain your computer's language settings.
- Complete the information in your profile. This is a one-time process that allows Templafy to copy this information whenever you use the tool. If you work at different locations or with different organisational units within the UvA, you can create multiple profiles. See under 'Tips and manuals' below.
Installing Templafy on a Self-Support computer
It's also possible to use Templafy if you're using a Self-Support computer (running Windows or Apple) within the UvA. More information about how to install Templafy on your Self-support computer will follow soon.
Templates in Microsoft Word
Within Microsoft Word, you can use Templafy to write letters, memos, reports, agendas and decision documents. Each template has a number of fields to complete that will help you write a document that conforms to the UvA's corporate identity as quickly as possible. After entering the required information, you can continue working on your document. If you want to edit the information that is requested by default, click on 'Edit document' to make changes. This will update the document to include the newly edited information straight away.
Templates in Microsoft PowerPoint
You can use the UvA PowerPoint template straight from PowerPoint. This template gives you different slide options and allows you to add pictures from the UvA image database or upload them from your own computer. Furthermore, using UvA icons is now easier than ever, allowing you to make your presentation that much more appealing.
Tips and manuals
1. Creating or editing a profile
Open Templafy and click on the three-dot icon on the right-hand side of the screen. Next, click on 'Manage user profile'. Select your profile and edit your information. Finally, click on 'Save and Close'.
If you want to incorporate the new information into a document you're currently working on, click on 'Edit document' on the right-hand side and then click on 'Edit' again. Your information should now be incorporated into the document.
2. I want to create a Dutch and an English profile
Open Templafy and click on the three-dot icon on the right-hand side of the screen. Next, click on 'Manage user profile'. Click on the plus icon to add a new user profile. Complete the profile and select the desired language settings under 'Language'. Click on 'Create'. The template is now able to switch between Dutch and English.
If you started your document in Dutch, but want to turn it into an English-language document instead, click on 'Edit document'. Select the desired profile. Change the opening line and the closing line, then click on 'Edit document'.
3. I work with multiple organisational units within the UvA and want to create multiple profiles.
Open Templafy and click on the three-dot icon on the right-hand side of the screen. Next, click on 'Manage user profile'. Click on the plus icon to add a new user profile. Complete your second user profile and select the organisational unit and subsection you want. Click on 'Create'. You can now switch between the two profiles.
If you started in one profile and want to switch to the other, click on 'Edit document', select the desired profile and click on 'Edit'. Your information, including the address and relevant UvA logo for your organisational unit, has now been edited.
4. I want to draw up a document on behalf of a colleague or supervisor
- Have the person for whom you wish to draw up a document install Templafy on their UvA workstation. Make sure that they tick 'Allow others to sign into this profile' when creating their user profile.
- Open your own Templafy environment, click on 'Add user profile' and subscribe to your colleague or supervisor's user profile. This user profile will now also be visible when you start a new document or click on 'Edit document'.
5. I can't seem to install Templafy
If you're having trouble installing Templafy on your UvA-supported workstation, or if the tool is not working properly, please contact the ICT Service Desk. If you have a specific question about a template, or if you want to know how to add a template that is regularly used within your department to Templafy, please contact the corporate identity coordinator at email@example.com.
6. I'd like to add a template
If you have a specific question about a template, or if you want to know how to add a template that is regularly used within your department to Templafy, please contact the corporate identity coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.