How does it work?
It’s easy to create an account on UvA Job board. After this you have the opportunity to create vacancies and then change and manage them.
Making use of UvA Job board is free of charge.
For every vacancy, you will receive an e-mail whether it’s published or if there are any changes that need to be made. For internships, we have additional requirements.
After creating a vacancy, you will be notified whether it has been published or whether changes are still required. If we require changes, we will specify these in an e-mail. You can log in and change the vacancy accordingly. We strive to publish or react to your vacancy within two business days.
Criteria for posting vacancies
Intermediaries who recruit and/or select candidates for other organisations will not be admitted, unless they recruit for internal vacancies. This applies to temporary employment agencies, recruitment agencies or other intermediaries.
For all vacancies it is important that they match the academic level of the students. Internships have additional requirements.
Posting internships on UvA Jobboard
Each program has its own criteria to determine whether an internship falls within the curriculum for the student. In any case, they must meet the following criteria:
- Academic level
- Sufficient mentoring and guidance for the candidate, ideally from someone with the same academic background
- A remuneration fee
- No production responsibility
- The possibility for students to work on their own research question or project besides gaining relevant job experience.
Additional requirements for IT internship
Internships for IT students have following additional requirements:
- The internship project has a substantial research component, fitting in the student’s curriculum.
- There is sufficient time for the intern to write an internship report or thesis, containing a research question, method and results of the project.
- Within the company, an internship supervisor is assigned who supports the student with the project.
Should you have any questions, please contact the UvA Student Careers Centre by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention your organisation, name and phone number, and the email address with which you created your account.